Maternal Child and Adolescent Health
The San Benito County Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health program was established by the California Department of Health Services, Maternal and Child Health Branch in 1994. The MCAH program provides and participates in outreach, community and provider education, health status monitoring and reporting.
Our goals for the Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health program are:
▪ All children born healthy to healthy mothers.
▪ No health status disparities among racial/ethnic, gender, economic
and regional groups.
▪ A safe and healthy environment for women, children and their
▪ Equal access for all women, children and their families to appropriate
and needed care within an integrated and seamless system.
Programs to Accomplish These Goals in San Benito County:
▪ Child Injury Prevention Services
▪ Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program
▪ Stork’s Nest Program
▪ Adolescent Family Life Program
▪ Public Health Nursing
Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health